The following payment methods are accepted by the BackYard Naturalist:
Your purchases will appear as "Mayer's Pet Shop" on your credit card statement.
When you use a credit card to place an order, the billing address you provide must match the billing address that is on file with the financial institution that issued the credit card. If a credit card authorization fails, we reserve the right to cancel your order without notifying you.
The BackYard Naturalist cannot work out credit card problems with your financial institution if a credit card is declined. It is your responsibility, as a consumer, to settle credit card problems with the issuing institution, then place the order again when the problem is resolved.
You can return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Unless otherwise noted, the refund will be for the full value of the returned items. Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded.
To initiate a return, you must first obtain a Return number. To begin, log into your account, select the order you are returning items for, and follow the step-by-step directions. Then return the items, in their original product packaging, to the fulfillment center identified on the order's packing list and inside your account. Note that you can only create a Return after an order has been marked as shipped.
Credit for the returned items is applied to the credit card that was used to make the purchase. Returns will be applied to the purchasing credit card within 5 to 10 days of the date that the return is accepted by the fulfiller.
If the return is a result of our error, the BackYard Naturalist may compensate you for the return shipping.
Some websites charge restocking fees for returned items. If a restocking fee will apply to returned items, the amount of the fee is displayed on the final checkout screen when you complete the order and is noted on the packing list included with the order.
Refunds, Credits and Balances Due
As soon as the fulfiller receives and processes your return, we will notify you via email. Your credit card should be credited within 10 business days of the time that you receive this email. The return credit should be reflected on your statement within one or two billing periods, depending on your financial institutionâ€™s billing cycle.
A defective item is one that is inoperable but has no apparent damage. If you receive defective merchandise, please call the BackYard Naturalist for assistance.
If an order arrives to you with obvious shipping damage, please refuse the delivery. If you have accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call the fulfiller immediately using the contact information included with the order.
Please save all packaging material and paperwork for the order if shipping damage is a possible issue. If you dispose of packaging material or attempt to return the merchandise without contacting the fulfiller, you jeopardize our chances of making a claim, and you may not receive credit for the return.
Limits of Responsibility
We accept no responsibility for user-initiated damage and/or loss of parts incurred during operation or use of product.
If you order from a website that provides shipping to international locations, these shipping destinations are identified at checkout. When you begin checkout, available shipping destinations can be selected from pull-down menus for Region and Country. If your desired destination is not included in the available selections, we cannot ship orders to it.
APO and FPO Addresses
When you request that your order ships to an APO or FPO address, the package will ship SAM (Space Available Mail). SAM is no additional charge and will ship your package from the APO or FPO address via the next available boat.
Price and/or Description Changes
All prices, pictures, and descriptions on this website are subject to change. We maintain no responsibility for inadvertent errors. Please contact us within 30 days regarding price or promotion discrepancies.
When you place your order with us, you agree to the price and terms indicated on this website. Price differences related to future or past prices in our store or any other store are not refundable.
Order Questions or Changes
If you have recently placed an order and need information about us or would like to change your order, there are a number of ways to contact us. If you have explored the links on the Your Account page but still need assistance, use the links to email.
Errors on Our Site
Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where and when discovered. The BackYard Naturalist reserves the right to revoke any stated offer, cancel orders, and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in any stated offer or price, including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your payment processed.
If your payment has already been processed for the purchase when your order is cancelled, The BackYard Naturalist will issue a credit to the payment method used in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account.
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with The BackYard Naturalist Return Policy.
Please read this Copyright Notice carefully before using this site. By using this site, you signify your consent to the terms of this Copyright Notice. If you do not agree to the Terms, please exit the site.
1. You should assume that everything you see, read or hear on this site is protected by copyright, design right and/or other intellectual property rights unless otherwise stated and may only be used in accordance with these Terms. The BackYard Naturalist does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with The BackYard Naturalist. Images, illustrations, graphics, text, etc, are either the property of The BackYard Naturalist or third parties who have licensed their rights to The BackYard Naturalist. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws and/or other regulations and statutes.
2. The trademarks, logos and designs displayed on the site, are the property of The BackYard Naturalist or third parties who have licensed their rights to The BackYard Naturalist Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the site without the written permission of The BackYard Naturalist or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on the site.
3. You may download, print and store selected portions of the content of the site provided that you (i) only use these copies for your own personal, non-commercial use, (ii) do not copy or post the content on any network computer or broadcast the content in the media, and (iii) do not modify or alter the content in any way. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. The BackYard Naturalist reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any content you download from this site. Except as noted above, you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, transfer or create derivative works from the content without obtaining written permission from The BackYard Naturalist in advance.
4. The BackYard Naturalist has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
5. This site may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties other than The BackYard Naturalist. Such links are provided for your convenience only. The BackYard Naturalist does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that this site contains links to other sites does not mean that The BackYard Naturalist approves of, endorses or recommends those sites, nor does it imply any association with their operators. The BackYard Naturalist disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any other site and disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from any third party Web sites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in this site.
6. The BackYard Naturalist may at any time revise these Terms by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revision and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms to which you are bound.
7. These Terms shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Canada, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any legal action with respect to any transaction subject to these Terms must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has arisen. Any actions arising out of products purchased through the Website shall be commenced in the provincial or federal courts of Canada. Buyer agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of these courts and waives any claim that venue is improper for any reason in these courts.